A RESEARCH PROJECT
Goal: to produce a PowerPoint presentation on a country with which you are not already familiar.
- What are the key features of physical and human geography?
- How do people meet their basic needs?
- How do people express their thoughts and feelings?
- How do people organize themselves?
- Did you use at least 6 print sources of information?
- Did you use at least 6 nonprint sources of information?
- Did you use primary sources of information?
- Did you check that your sources were reliable before using them?
- Did you use coloured note cards to record your information?
- Did you take at least 60 notes in total?
- Did you take at least 20 notes for each question?
- Did you sequence your notes in a logical order?
- Did you use your notes to write your own nonfiction narrative?
- Did you include powerful verbs in your writing?
- Did you include figures of speech in your writing?
- Did you keep rewriting your work until the conventions were perfect?
- Did you use illustrations or photos that were in the public domain?
- Did you organize your presentation in a logical order?
- Did you use an artistic design that suited your topic?
- Did you use a font size, style, and colour that was easy for viewers to read?
- Did you include a correctly formatted bibliography at the end of your presentation?
- Did you keep all your notes and your bibliographic information in a duotang as evidence of our research process?
- Did you meet the deadlines set by your teacher?
- Did you keep working cheerfully even when the project became difficult?
- Did you manage your frustrations without becoming unkind or critical of other people, including your family?
- Did you help other students without becoming irritated?
- Did you compliment the work of other students to encourage them?
- Did you change your mind about how to do the project as you learned more information?
- Did you notice connections between what you learned and what you already knew beforehand?
- Did you notice more than one way to organize your presentation?
- Did you prepare an organized and memorized speech to accompany your presentation?
- Did you speak at an appropriate volume and speed and carefully enunciate your words during your presentation?
- Were you able to calm your body when you felt nervous or anxious?
The Assignment: A Research Project on a Country