PDF Version: Globalization Test
( / 4
Globalization: A Test / 85
A. Summary /6
While ______________ allows us to obtain a wider variety of _________ at a cheaper _________, it has also harmed our ____________ and the _________ of other people; therefore, we must consider the life of others as ________________.
B. Give the word: / 16
- act in a way that benefits yourself: ______
- common ways of doing things (food, music, etc.): ______
- the way the world is connected through various factors: ______
- the system of producing products and making money in a country: ______
- buying and selling products with other countries: ______
- a tax on imported products or goods: ______
- taking over an area in order gain a benefit: ______
- a company based in one country but operating in many countries: ______
- hiring a company in another country to make products cheaply: ______
- a country’s gross domestic product (the money made from making goods and selling them to other countries): ______
- something that can be continued for a long time: ______
- act in a way that benefits others:______
- a fair and well-run country: good _____________
- make money in a way that can last: ___________ socio-economic development
- maintain one’s culture: cultural _____________
- take care of the environment: environmental _____________
C. Globalization in History: /26
- 7000 BCE = The __________ of __________ North America
- traded with people west to ___________ , east to _________ and south to ____________.
- They ‘sold’ ______________ , __________ and ____________ oil.
- They ‘bought’ ________ , __________ and ____________.
- They created a trading language: ______________ .
- 1500 to 300 BCE = the ___________ in present-day Syria and Lebanon traded with people around the _________________ Sea
- 1300s to 1600s = the _____________ in Europe spread new ____________
- 1400s = ships crossed from __________ to _____________ to find spices and gold
- 1700s to 1800s = the ________ trade in _____________ brought people from France and England to take _______ back to Europe
- 1946 = 193 countries joined together to create the ______________ in order to prevent __________, promote __________, protect the __________, help countries develop their economies (ways of making money), and send ______ to other countries
D. Canada and International Trade / 8
- Canada sells mainly ____________ and _____________.
- Canada sells mostly to these countries: __________ and ___________.
- Canada buys mainly __________ and ___________.
- Canada buys mostly from these countries: ___________ and ________.
E. International Organizations and Agreements /4
- WHO (working very hard now during the Covid-19 pandemic) = _____________________ (give the full name)
- NAFTA is now called the USMCA Agreement. It establishes the trading regulations between 3 countries: ___________ , _________ and _________.
- FIPPA is an agreement between _________ and _________ that protects foreign companies so they do not have to follow our environmental laws
F. Problems with Gobalization /10
- Lack of sustainability means that products and natural ___________ get used up.
- Low ____________ means we can have cheap ________ but workers suffer.
- The __________ gets ruined.
- __________ people lose their land to multinational ____________ who want to make lots of money
- For instance, _________ is a rare earth __________ used in smartphones and laptop computers. It is _________________ so large companies are all racing to get as much as they can before it ______________ .
G. Be a Global Citizen /5
- Understand what is going on in the ___________
- Respect and value ___________
- Be an ________ consumer
- Speak out against _________
- Support ______________
H. Write a paragraph telling either the advantages or disadvantages of globalization. / 10
(6 facts, topic sentence, concluding sentence, grammar/spelling)