Documentary Responses

DOCUMENTARY RESPONSES

You can learn much from watching documentaries on television.
Watch one and then write about what you have learned!

Last week, I watched something very interesting on television.  There was a programme about _______ . I learned that ____ . This intrigued me. It reminded me of ___ . It reminded me of _____ . It made me wonder how/if ____.
So, I did a bit of research.  Did you know that _____ ?  Did you know that ___ ? I discovered that _____ . I also discovered that ______ .
This topic of ______ is fascinating. It is amazing how much there is to learn about our extraordinary world.
(List your sources of information in proper bibliographic format:  Citation builder )

Did you know that GIVE AN INTERESTING FACT? Did you know that GIVE ANOTHER INTERESTING FACT? TITLE, a programme shown on TELL NAME OF STATION (DATE AND TIME AIRED) showed all sorts of AN EMOTIVE ADJECTIVE SUCH ‘FASCINATING’  facts about TELL THE TOPIC OF THE SHOW.  I learned that TELL A FACT and TELL ANOTHER FACT. I discovered that TELL A FACT and TELL ANOTHER FACT.  I watched TELL A FACT and TELL ANOTHER FACT.  TITLE was a AN EMOTIVE WORD SUCH AS ‘EXTRAORDINARY’ programme about TELL THE TOPIC AGAIN.

You can learn a lot about life from documentaries.  I learned some useful information from TITLE a programme shown on TELL NAME OF STATION (DATE AND TIME AIRED). TELL A USEFUL FACT. TELL ANOTHER USEFUL FACT. TELL YET ANOTHER USEFUL FACT.  Most importantly, I learned that TELL YOUR MOST MEMORABLE USEFUL FACT. Documentaries are a great way to expand your general knowledge, to help you carry along facts that can help you in life.  And this is programme is a great one to read if you want to learn SUMMARIZE THE MAIN TOPIC.

You can learn a lot about life from watching documentaries. I learned some useful information from a programme called TITLE on TELL NAME OF STATION (DATE AND TIME AIRED). TELL A USEFUL FACT. TELL ANOTHER USEFUL FACT. TELL YET ANOTHER USEFUL FACT. I discovered that TELL AN INTERESTING PIECE OF INFORMATION. It reminded me of TELL YOUR CONNECTION TO THE FACTS. I recommend this documentary for anyone TELL WHO WOULD ENJOY IT.

You may watch relevant programmes on the Knowledge Network.
Click HERE to access these programmes in British Columbia.

You may watch relevant programmes on Nature on PBS.
Click HERE to access these programmes in Washington State.

LOST MAGIC DECODED

Did you know that twelve famous magicians performed an illusion called The Bullet Catch? Did you know that none of them survived? Lost Magic Decoded, a programme shown on the History Channel October 20, 2013, showed all sorts of captivating facts about this illusion. In this magic trick, someone stands twenty feet away from a person holding a gun. The person with the gun shoots a bullet that the magician tries to catch with his bare hands. I discovered that a magician named Chun Ling Soo attempted this performance in 1918, but there was an error during the preparation and he died from a severe bullet wound to the chest. On the television programme, I watched a man named Steve Cohen try this trick. Instead of using his hands, he caught the bullet with his mouth! A glass shard punctured him in the chest and the wound did not heal for three weeks, but he survived. Lost Magic Decoded was an innovative progamme about an amazing trick. (Sarah in grade eight)