(Note: the links will take you away from Ms.RosenReads. While I recommend the sites as I saw them, MsRosenReads cannot be responsible for the continued content or continued availability of other sites. If you encounter a problem, please contact me.)
Step One: Watch a video Symmetry and Transformations.
Step Two: Learn some vocabulary words.
1. congruent = the same or equal
2. dilation = getting bigger or smaller
3. isometric transformation = moving a shape in space but keeping the same shape
4. reflection = flip
5. rotation = think of the hands on an analog clock
6. symmetrical = two equal parts that face each other
7. translation = slide
8. vertex and vertices = a point or points on a shape (think of the tips of a star)
9. x axis = the horizontal line on a graph
10. y axis = the vertical line on a graph
Step Three: Practice what you have learned.
Step Four: Create an art project that shows mathematical transformations.