Just for today…

Just for today,…

meet legendary characters!

Click HERE!

Beautiful Stories of Life

“My eighth grade teacher, Mrs. Pabst, had done her master’s thesis on Tolkien. She showed me how the trilogy was patterned after Norse mythology. She was also the first person to encourage me to submit stories for publication. The idea of writing a fantasy based on myths never left me, and many years later, this would lead me to write Percy Jackson.” – Rick Riordan

The Odyssey

“Mythology and science both extend the scope of human beings. Like science and technology, mythology, as we shall see, is not about opting out of this world, but about enabling us to live more intensely within it.” – Karen Armstrong, British writer

Adventures of Robin Hood

“After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of ‘truth’, and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear.” – J.R.R. Tolkien, The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien

King Arthur

“ And you must tell the child the legends I told you–as my mother told them to me and her mother to her. You must tell the fairy tales of the old country. You must tell of those not of the earth who live forever in the hearts of the people…” – Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

D'Aulaires' Book of Norse

“Love cannot live where there is no trust.” – Edith Hamilton, Mythology