What is critical thinking?
1. Acquire knowledge.
2. Understand the significance of that knowledge.
3. Understand how that knowledge relates to a current situation or problem.
4. Analyze the situation to find all the different aspects and possible causes.
5. Use the new knowledge to come up with creative ways to deal with a situation or solve a problem.
6. Use research and reasoning to evaluate before taking action.
Check out these pages to start expanding your knowledge:
[The above process is adapted from Bloom’s (1956) hierarchy of the cognitive domain.]